I didn’t updated here really often during the last month because I was quite busy and didn’t had a lot of time to works on my projects. I have more time now, and wow, I’ve made a lot of things recently!
As I previously posted, the Oric Mouse project is underway, I’ve discovered a few stupid mistakes and I was too confident when I made the PCB, I’ve overlooked something on the voltage that the 6502 and 6522 will accept as logic high, and of course both of them doesn’t like the 3.3V that I send them as a logic high… The result will be that I need to do some changes on the schematics for that project, but no worries, I will still be able to use the prototype I’ve made, but it’s just slowing down the project a bit, but it will be back on track quickly.
Continue reading Oric Cumulus Revision 2 & other projects
Here it’s time for a new project! (Why do I hear someone telling me that I already have too many project?)
So I’m prout to present you the OricMouse, a new opensource project for the Oric line of product that will add a Mouse input to the Oric!
The origin of this project come from Chema’s OASIS Project that you will find on the Defence-Force forum. OASIS is a game engine largely inspired by SCUMMVM and reading the topic I was thinking “this project need a mouse to be much more fun!”
Continue reading OricMouse Project
Yes, nearly 1 year after the release of the Issue 6.1, I finally made the Issue 7 that would fix the VSYNC problem the previous release had!
What’s new in the Issue 7:
- There is now a 2 pin header to plug a reset button
- The hardware VSYNC should now work correctly
- One of the two ROM socket has been removed to reduce the schematic complexity, but it is now possible to use the original ROM, or any EPROM without the need to change anything on the PCB, because the /ROMDIS signal has been changed!
- Better, it is now possible, and easily to use a 32K EPROM with the addition of a switch (there are pin on the PCB for this) to select the memory bank.
Continue reading Oric Schematic Issue 7