I didn’t updated here really often during the last month because I was quite busy and didn’t had a lot of time to works on my projects. I have more time now, and wow, I’ve made a lot of things recently!
As I previously posted, the Oric Mouse project is underway, I’ve discovered a few stupid mistakes and I was too confident when I made the PCB, I’ve overlooked something on the voltage that the 6502 and 6522 will accept as logic high, and of course both of them doesn’t like the 3.3V that I send them as a logic high… The result will be that I need to do some changes on the schematics for that project, but no worries, I will still be able to use the prototype I’ve made, but it’s just slowing down the project a bit, but it will be back on track quickly.
Continue reading Oric Cumulus Revision 2 & other projects
Here it’s time for a new project! (Why do I hear someone telling me that I already have too many project?)
So I’m prout to present you the OricMouse, a new opensource project for the Oric line of product that will add a Mouse input to the Oric!
The origin of this project come from Chema’s OASIS Project that you will find on the Defence-Force forum. OASIS is a game engine largely inspired by SCUMMVM and reading the topic I was thinking “this project need a mouse to be much more fun!”
Continue reading OricMouse Project
Yes, nearly 1 year after the release of the Issue 6.1, I finally made the Issue 7 that would fix the VSYNC problem the previous release had!
What’s new in the Issue 7:
- There is now a 2 pin header to plug a reset button
- The hardware VSYNC should now work correctly
- One of the two ROM socket has been removed to reduce the schematic complexity, but it is now possible to use the original ROM, or any EPROM without the need to change anything on the PCB, because the /ROMDIS signal has been changed!
- Better, it is now possible, and easily to use a 32K EPROM with the addition of a switch (there are pin on the PCB for this) to select the memory bank.
Continue reading Oric Schematic Issue 7
After looking on my project roadmap, I’ve discovered that I’ve never released the Replic’Oric schematics!
But first, please be warned, this revision is not the final one for the Replic’Oric project as the hardware VSYNC part is currently broken and shouldn’t be implemented the way it is now on this schematic.
A newer version of the Oric Schematic has been release, please use this version for reference instead of the one in this post.
Continue reading Oric Schematic – Issue 6.1
As I am working on the Replic’Oric project, the second step (and what will become the StratoCumulus) become clearer and clearer and the most important changes is the add for a “recolouring” overlay mechanism.
This blog entry is the first documentation on what will become this new display mode. Both The “New Oric” and the StratoCumulus will provide it.
Continue reading Replic’Oric Step 2 – A point on the (re)colouring mode
During the AC 2014 convention, they organize a Speed Coding party, this year the theme was around “Alice in Wonderland” with the contrain of a 2 player game. I was (not) really inspired by this year theme, and started saturday evening to draw some tiles for the oric trying to looks like the White rabbit and the mad Hater, after the night I finally had an idea to make some sort of a Winter/Summer Game where Alice and her friends (and foe) play against each other in a competition. Starting so late, I wans’t able to do a lot of things so I only had the time to make a “pull the rope” like minigame, where you need to quickly presse two button to pull the rope on your side.
I’m proud to announce the third 986-Studio project: The Replic’Oric!
Continue reading Replic’Oric Project